Thursday, June 25, 2009

Zanetti stays on at Juve


Juventus midfielder Cristiano Zanetti has revealed he is not on the market this summer and will see out his contract with the club.

The 32-year-old spent most of last season out injured and only made 12 appearances for the Bianconeri in Serie A.

Reports claim Genoa are interested in signing him, as they look to add experience to their team ahead of next season.

“I still have a year to run on my contract and I want to play all my cards right to dispute a great season with the Bianconera jersey,” Zanetti told calciomercato.com.

“I hope to repay the affection of the fans, who were close to me in the most difficult moments during my time out injured on the sidelines.

“I am well again now and I can't wait to make myself available to Ciro Ferrara,” he concluded.

channel4.com/sport/football_italia/

No comments: