Monday, June 22, 2009

Sebastian Giovinco & Paolo De Ceglie Keen On Juventus Stay

Sebastian Giovinco - Juventus-Catania - Serie A (Grazia Neri)

Juventus duo Sebastian Giovionco and Paolo De Ceglie are currently on international duty with the Italy Under-21 team at the European Championships in Sweden but are obviously keeping an eye on the transfer market.

And Giovinco will almost certainly know that he is reportedly a target for Udinese and could be offered to the Friuli in part-exchange with Gaetano D’Agostino. The diminutive striker, however, has other plans.

“I have never asked for a regular starting shirt, but I want to be considered on a par with everyone,” Giovinco is quoted as saying in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I am aware of my qualities, but perhaps someone has yet to take full notice.”

Juve have also reportedly agreed a co-ownership deal with Napoli for Paolo De Ceglie this week, but the left-back claims to be in the dark about such a move.

“Even though I have nothing against Naples and Napoli, I have to say that no-one from Juve has told me anything and I have yet to sign anything.

“Right now, I am a Juve player and want to stay to prove I am worthy of the Bianconeri shirt.”

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

No comments: