Tuesday, June 23, 2009

David Trezeguet: I’m Staying At Juventus

David Trezeguet - Juventus (Grazia Neri)

Juventus are reportedly trying to offload striker, with press reports suggesting that the Old Lady have proposed a part-exchange deal for Villarreal starlet Giuseppe Rossi, but the Frenchman is adamant he will remain in Piedmont.

“At the beginning of July I will be in Turin, ready for the pre-season camp and to dive into the new season,” Trezeguet told Tuttosport.

“I have two years left on my contract with the Bianconeri and I know that the directors have said that I am unsellable and part of the club’s history.

“I know that my last season was poor due to the injury and surgery that sidelined me for a long time, but I am now healed and feel okay. I can’t wait to be a protagonist at Juve again.”

Trezeguet underwent a double knee operation in September and only returned to action in February. However, he found his first-team opportunities limited after falling out with coach Claudio Ranieri.

Ranieri has now been replaced by Ciro Ferrara and Trezeguet admits he will soon discuss his future with the new boss.

“No, I have yet to talk to him,” he said. “I have only had contacts with my agent so far. There will be time to speak with the new coach. We were team-mates and know each other very well.

“I talked to Ciro and the directors in May and they know what I think.”

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

No comments: