Tuesday, June 9, 2009

D'Ago almost a Juventino



Gaetano D'Agostino is waiting for the outcome of a meeting between Udinese and Juventus today, which will ultimately decide his future.


The 27-year-old has enjoyed a brilliant season for Udinese, scoring 11 goals in 36 appearances.

Juventus are believed to have had an offer accepted for the Italy international, but some details need to be ironed out before the transfer goes through.

“The two clubs will meet today and I don't want to put myself in the middle of them. I await their decision calmly,” D'Agostino told Sky Italia.

“Udine will always be the city that has given me the most in my little career. They bought me when I still had a lot to prove. They waited for me in my first year.

“I have achieved good results for two years now and I owe a lot to Coach Pasquale Marino, who has given me a lot.

“The objectives, the pressure and the players will all change with Juve. There are little difficulties that I will face calmly like I did my debut with La Nazionale. I feel mature,” he explained.

D'Agostino also had words of respect for Ciro Ferrara, Italy's assistant trainer, who recently took charge of Juventus on a full time basis.

“Ferrara has not said anything to me. He has a superb relationship with the players of the national team. On a charismatic level he has great drive.

“If Juve have chosen to give Ferrara the top job it means to say that he is a great trainer,” D'Agostino concluded.

channel4.com/sports

No comments: