Monday, July 6, 2009

Zebina: "Ready For A Great Season"


Diego and Cannavaro: up to know they are the only new Juventus players. However, Ciro Ferrara could have a new player already as part of the team. Jonathan Zebina after having overcome his tendon problems following an operation last November is urging to return to being a protagonist.

This is the reason why he began his training 10 days before. In fact, before going to Pinzolo for the summer camp, Jonathan began a pre-preparation in Perugia under the eyes of Professor Cerulli’s staff who followed him after the operation. The decision was taken together with the Juventus medical staff and trainers in order for the defender to be able to start the season in the best of conditions.

«" happy to have made this choice – declared Zebina exclusively to Juventus.com-. After having returned in March I did not have any problems and in the last few matches I felt really well and I felt sorry the season was over. For this reason, together we decided to start before. Practically, what I have been doing is a series of exercises which will be carried out by the whole squad in Pinzolo".

Zebina presents himself at the starting line therefore, in great condition and with the same enthusiasm of 2004, the year in which he moved to Turin. This time however, he is free of the physical problems which effected his performances. He is fully charged-up and even though up to now he only expressed this in words he can’t wait to show it on the field:

"I am well and am really enthusiastic. There are all the right conditions for us to do well including Ciro Ferrara as coach who knows me and who immediately showed faith in me. I consider this year a new start. I have even decided to change my number and go back to using number 15 which I wore in my first years in Italy. Me a new addition for Juventus? It will be the field to decide but I am confident".

While many of his team mates are still on holiday (even though dealing with personal programmes), Zebina is working hard followed by a staff of professionals (Stefano Fiorini in particular). The 2009/10 season will be a long and intense one and Jonathan really wants to win back Juventus.

"I like the team which is beginning to take shape. We have all we need to do well. I hope it will be a year rich in satisfaction for us and the supporters".

Zebina concluded referring to the supporters. "I am sorry about the whistling against me but I have nothing to feel bad about. Personally, I prefer to start with applause and support which I received during the last two matches of last season. I am therefore determined to look ahead for me and for those who showed faith in me".

Juventus.com

No comments: