Monday, July 6, 2009

Zebina: It's my year with Juve


Jonathan Zebina was expected to leave Juventus, but is confident he can have one of his best seasons in the Bianconeri jersey.

The former Roma defender barely featured in the last campaign due to a tendon operation in November and was thought to be on the transfer list.

“I am disappointed at the jeers I received from the fans, but I have nothing to apologise for,” he insisted on the official Juve website.

“Personally I prefer to begin again from the applause of the last two games in the campaign. I am set on going forward, for me and for those who had faith in me.”

The Bianconeri pre-season training camp starts later this month, but Zebina is already hard at work on his own in Perugia.

“I am happy to have made this choice. After my return to the field in March I had no more fitness problems and felt in great shape towards the end. I was sorry the season had ended!

“This is why we all decided to do a series of exercises that I will then do again with the whole squad at the Pinzolo training ground.”

New Coach Ciro Ferrara used Zebina in his only two games in charge, so could focus on the Frenchman for the next campaign too.

“I am in good shape and very enthusiastic,” continued Zebina. “I have everything I need to do well, including a Coach like Ferrara who knows me and already put his faith in me.

“I consider this to be a new beginning. I even decided to change my number and take back the 15, which is what I wore on my jersey during my first years in Italy.”

Channel4.com/sport/football_italia

No comments: