Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ibra explains Juve exit


Inter striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has revealed he did not leave Juventus in 2006 because they were engulfed in the Calciopoli scandal.

The 27-year-old Sweden international was one of several Juventus players who left the club as they were relegated to Serie B.

“I didn't leave the Bianconeri because of Calciopoli. Something didn't happen between the club and I, and I had already decided to go away before the scandal,” Ibrahimovic told Sfide.

“Milan also wanted me, but I soon chose Inter without problems. I have never given a damn about the rivalry with Juventus.

“In Turin I felt like a superstar, but the club that taught me the most was Ajax. They taught me more things than any other club.

“In Italy, England and Spain they look for players who are already ready. They want results quickly. At Ajax it's different.

“They shape you with training and discipline,” Ibrahimovic said.

Last year's Capocannoniere then explained his affiliation with Inter.

“I have supported Inter since I was little.

“One day I watched the Italian championship on TV with some friends and we decided to bet some small change, choosing a team each. I chose Inter, the others Juve and Milan,” Ibrahimovic concluded.

Ibrahimovic will return to Italy this weekend as Inter prepare for their preseason tour of the USA.

Channel4.com/sport/football_italia

No comments: