Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Amauri hails Samba Juve


After the signing of Diego from Werder Bremen, Amauri is hoping Juventus add Fiorentina's Felipe Melo to their ranks and give the side an even more Brazilian flavour.

The 29-year-old striker, who was born in Brazil, feels the Bianconeri are doing excellent work in the transfer market ahead of next season.

Speaking of Diego, he said: “It's something which I am very happy about aside from the question of nationality.

“Diego is a great player and he will help us make a further jump in class. The lad has that winning spirit and a lot of class.”

Asked if he would perform the role Claudio Pizarro did for Diego at Werder, Amauri replied: “I hope it will be like this.

“Anyway, the benefactors of Diego's arrival will be all of our attackers, even if it's true that at least on a technical level there are analogies between Pizarro and I.”

Amauri also revealed he has been in constant contact with Diego, helping him settle in.

“It's true. We often hear from each other. Diego also called me before signing with Juve to ask me for many details about the club, the team and the city.

“I don't know how tempted he was by Bayern. Anyway, I explained to him how well I think of Juventus and Torino.

“From the first moment I arrived here it was as if I found myself at home and I tried to tell Diego that this is the ideal place to give consistency to your own footballing dreams.”

Finally, Amauri was asked about Milan's decision to sell Kaka to Real Madrid.

“I am a little bit sorry, but not too much. I don't want to unbalance myself here. Italian football has lost Kaka, but it is finding Diego. It hasn't lost out.

“The true great difference is that Ricardo played for Milan, while Diego will play for Juve. So no, I am not completely sorry,” he concluded.

Channel4.com/sport/football_italia

No comments: