Saturday, July 4, 2009

David Trezeguet: I Will Only Leave If Juventus Sell Me

David Trezeguet, Juventus (Foto Grazia Neri)

David Trezeguet only made a handful of appearances for Juventus in the 2008-09 season and many pundits have suggested his time with the club has come to an end, but the player has claimed there is a possibility he could remain in Turin.

"I can only be honoured to know that prestigious clubs like Marseille and Lyon are interested in me, but I have a contract for two more years with Juventus and I intend to respect it," he explained, according to Calciomercato.

Trezeguet missed the first-half of the campaign through injury last season, then found himself behind Amauri, Vincenzo Iaquinta, and Alessandro Del Piero in the pecking order. Therefore, the Frenchman has not completely ruled out a move away from Turin, but insisted it is up to the club.

"With regards to my transfer, if Juve decide to sell me than my agent will keep me informed," the 31-year-old concluded.

In addition to being linked with a return to Ligue 1, Trezeguet has also reportedly piqued the interest of Atletico Madrid, Roma, AC Milan, and Real Madrid.

He joined Juventus in 2000 from Monaco.

Adam Scime, Goal.com

No comments: