Monday, June 1, 2009

Juventus Thanks Pavel Nedved


The relationship between Juventus and Pavel Nedved is about to come to an end. Sunday’s match against Lazio (the only other Italian team for which he played) will be the last match of the Czech as a bianconero.

It was Nedved himself who announced it by means of this press release issued in the afternoon.

"After eight seasons with Juventus it is time to bid farewell to all the supporters, my team mates and the club and thank them for all the support I received in these years. In Turin I won 4 scudetti and a golden ball. As from Monday I’ll start thinking of my future".

"I would like to especially thank my wife Ivana and my son and daughter for always supporting me, accompanying me throughout my career allowing me to reach extraordinary goals. I will continue to feel tied to Juventus by means of an affectionate relationship and I am particularly thankful to the Agnelli family for having given me the opportunity of playing for this great team. I would like to make it clear that my decision has nothing to do with any economical factors".

Juventus answered by means of a note: "Juventus took note of Pavel Nedved’s decision to end his career in black and white after his contract expires. Tomorrow, during the last home match, the club, the players and all the supporters will give him the right tribute as a thank you to a player who wrote memorable pages in the history of this club, contributing in a determinative manner to the reaching of important goals.

During his 8 years in black and white Nedved always fielded his maximum effort, showing great attachment to the jersey and a great dedication which will remain in the memories of all Juventus fans of both today tomorrow. The club wishes Pavel Nedved an equally victorious future in the hope of maintaining a professional partnership which thanks to his charisma and experience can give him and Juventus more causes for satisfaction".

Juventus.com

No comments: