Monday, June 1, 2009

Ferrara: "We Wanted The Second Place And We Managed To Achieve This"


Full marks for Ciro Ferrara who managed to obtain 2 victories in 2 matches made even more precious by 2 clean sheets and 5 goals scored. The Neapolitan coach certainly left his mark on the end of the season.

"We managed to win six important points. We wanted the second place and we managed to achieve this. I must thank the players who really worked hard in the last 15 days. They accepted me and my methods and worked really well. I am happy to know that the supporters appreciated my work".

"I felt really emotional sitting on the bench. It was not easy for me but the players made themselves available and helped me out a lot. The experience in the youth sector also helped me a lot even at this level things are very different even due to the different issues. I understand those players who wanted to play but could not make it".

"I thanked every one of them personally. The day after tomorrow I will join the national team for the Confederations Cup my mobile will however be on for any news with regards to the Juve bench".

The team showed great play and determination: "What I liked most about today’s Juve is the will to bring the victory home. In the second half we suffered a bit more but the players were determined. We could have done better when it came to finishing but having said this I am happy with how the team played".

On a day of such mixed emotions it is inevitable to comment on Pavel Nedved’s farewell: "It is always strange seeing a player who left a mark on the history of Juventus retire. I am glad that the supporters gave him the well deserved farewell. I am sorry that such a champion who is an example to youngsters decided to stop as I m also sad about Maldini’s farewell".

Juventus.com

No comments: