Monday, May 25, 2009

Ferrara: "Everything Worked Perfectly"


A true cross-road in destiny: n one side Ciro Ferrara in his first match on the bench and on the other side Paolo Maldini in his last match as a player. Many were the points of contact between the two champions who wrote their names in Italian football. This is confirmed by the Juventus coach:

"I sent him a sms in which I wrote that my joy at this moment is equal to the sadness for his goodbye to football. It is the retirement of the best defender of the last three decades".

After the well deserved applause to Paolo Maldini, Ferrara commented a match for the first time as Juventus coach. He made his debut with a few but very significant words:

"Everything worked perfectly. I couldn’t ask for better".Then he went on: "It was a very intense week during which I experienced various feelings. Happiness on one side, worry on the other. Then I came to the stadium, before the match and I felt better".

The Juventus seen on the field today gave the results which all had hoped for: "I thank the boys for the commitment shown during the week. I spoke clearly to them as fro the first day: it is difficult to work on the tactical aspect two weeks from the end of the championship and so I tried to work on motivation, on self-appreciation and on the intensity during the training sessions and they responded well".

One cannot miss out on a comment about the performance of the captain who scored twice and passed the ball of the other goal notwithstanding the injury suffered during the week:

"I chose to field him- concluded Ferrara – because during the week he trained well and only slowed down a bit because of that blow during training. However, even during the fine-tuning session he played the mini-match and took the free-kicks. I had to choose who to field alongside Iaquinta and I chose him and I did well: great play, goals, passes and perhaps he could have been even more incisive when it came to scoring but he reacted like a captain".

Juventus.com

No comments: