Saturday, July 11, 2009

Zebina: "We Can Compete With Everybody"


It is a Juve willing to do well and fight hard against all the teams in Italy and Europe. If there is a bianconero who more then others wants to incarnate this mentality it is surely Jonathan Zebina. The Frenchman is launching himself as reinforcement for Ciro Ferrara’s team.

After having finally forgotten the physical problems following the operation to his tendons, the defender wants to put the past behind and start a fresh greatly just like he did five years ago when he was transferred from Roma and immediately began to dominate the right flank.

"I can say I am finally healed – confessed Jonathan while inaugurating the press conferences in Pinzolo – and for this reason I must thank professor Cerulli and Stefano Fiorini. Now my tendons are back to normal and I don’t have any more excuses and therefore I must do well. Besides Massimo Neri, the trainer I had for six years is back. Ciro Ferrara as a coach immediately showed faith in me. I want to show everybody I deserve this jersey and this is the reason I am very motivated".

Zebina therefore, once again finds as coach a “youngster” who was his team mate during the 2004/2005 and who has now given him the right motivation:

"Last year my relationship with Ranieri did not help. We tried, I was available and he tried to involve me in his tactical plans but most of all the reason was the physical problems which had 70% of the fault. I am a physical player and if I am not well physically I render less then I can. After the operation I got rid of a burden which I had for months and which was understood by everybody, so much so I was very often considered to be a player who did not want to play. Now I am well and ready for a great season, just like in the last two matches of last season".

The will of Zebina can become a secret weapon at the disposal of Ciro Ferrara and of all Juventus to aim for great achievements. This will could be witnessed on the field in these first few days but even in a proclamation which cannot but please the Juventus supporters:

"In these years we never felt inferior to anybody not even when we were in Serie B. Moreover when it came to mentality we were the best and that is why we won even when we did not seem to be the strongest. Now we are finding this mentality once again with Ferrara. This transfer market made us stronger and we count on having drawn closer to Inter. I am sure we can compete against anyone. We have champions too. We must be aware of our strength with the right dose of humility".

Juventus.com

No comments: