Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Zanetti: «I’m Playing My Cards"


You write Pinzolo and read Juventus. You write Pinzolo and also read Cristaino Zanetti. The midfielder from Carrara confirmed himself as being a camp-man in Val Rendena since together with Jonathan Zebina he is the only player to have taken part in all of the Trentino summer trips.

Four years, much experience gained and much will to give his contribution for the cause. New coach, new schemes but the same strong will as always:

"The competition has grown? It is normal that the great teams have many players but I am convinced that like always it will be the field to decide and the coach will choose not according to names but according to what he sees. With Diego’s arrival we will change our mode of play but this is not a problem for me and there will always be space for all".

Zanetti begins his season in Trentino with clear ideas. He knows what to ask of the new season and of the future.

"Last year I was conditioned by an injury I suffered in August which was made worse by the rush to get back. It is for this reason that I hope to have a physical condition which enables me to express myself as best I can. I am ready to play all my cards while respecting everyone. My contract expires in 2010? We will soon meet with the directors to discuss and my hope is to stay here and win something important while wearing this jersey".

After a year in Serie B and two in A, Zanetti wants to gain some satisfaction with the bianconeri. The proposal of the midfielder are not very different from the ones of his mates in the past few days:

"I never saw a great gap between us and Inter, not even in the last seasons. Last season we were conditioned by a number of injuries especially at important times. It will not be a race between two teams because Roma, Milan and Fiorentina are there too. We want to do well and with the charge given by the new coach. I see Ferrara as he was when he played: a good defender who was always concentrated and careful for every detail".

Juventus.com

No comments: