Monday, July 13, 2009

Sissoko: "We Do Not Fear Anyone"


The counter-proof will never be available but many are those who think thet without Sissoko’s injury (fractured leg during the derby against Torino) the 2008/09 season would have had a different result for Juventus. The Franco-Mali player entered the Juventus group and the heart of the supporters with the force of a cyclone.

Sissoko was immediately decisive for the team’s fate, ever since his signing in January 2008. He was important for all the year up to the stop due to an injury which in retrospect Momo speaks of in this manner:

"During the match against Catania I felt a pain in my foot that is why I stopped for a week before getting back to the field. Then during the derby I felt a more acute pain and we decided to do the operation. It was I who decided to go on playing after the first stop. The only time when I do not play is when I’m not feeling up to it and when this happens I say so".

"I was sorry not to be there at the end of the season but I don not think that everything depended on my absence. We are a team and a play cannot make the difference on his own. Having said this I was happy to feel the faith of my mates and the club".

Now Sissoko is back with a new hairstyle which has definitely not gone unnoticed and even more determined. This could be seen during the first days in PInzolo. During the athletic tests under Massimo Neri he was always amongst the best and was ready to fight hard even with words:

"We are working hard in these days even to get closer as a group. The team spirit must be our secret weapon. The club did well and with the new signings we are even stronger then last year. Diego? He is a nice person and a great player, like he showed with Werder and we are sure that he will do so here too. With him we will change formation but this does not frighten me because I am ready to put myself at the disposal of my mates".

This Juventus has something more then last year when a decline at the end of the season – during the time when Sissoko was injured – saw the possibility of fighting for the Scudetto go up in smoke. Momo is therefore ready to launch the team for a great season:

"Inter won the last scudetti but we never felt inferior. Now we are even stronger and we do not fear anyone. I don’t think it will be a race between two teams. There are other teams which have improved and which will be ready to fight".

Juventus.com

No comments: