Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ferrara Before The First Match


Two months later, Ciro Ferrara is ready for his second “debut” of his career as Juventus coach. The team is on the eve of its seasonal debut of Wednesday afternoon in Pinzolo against Cisco Roma. This will be the occasion to see the results of the work done in the first week of the summer camp in Val Rendena and for the team to show itself to all for the first time.

It is a provisional debut, as was underlined by Ciro Ferrara during his first press conference in Trentino:

"In order to evaluate I need to have the complete squad at my disposal. For this reason I am counting on being able to field all the players for one half even though I think that out of precaution Diego and Sissoko will not take part in the match. We will try to have an attacking midfield even though I do not want to focus on numbers and formations. What interests me is leaving a good impression".

Ciro Ferrara will have a complete (or nearly) team in the next few days when all those involved will arrive. It is however a fact that the Juventus 2009/10 that is being born in Pinzolo satisfies the coach’s expectations:

"The club made great efforts and met my requests. The objective is to have two players in each role and putting all on the same level in a healthy competition in order for everyone to have the right motivation. How I am facing the season? I am very motivated, I know my responsibilities but I am not afraid of what awaits me".

While waiting for the season to begin properly with matches worth three points, the bianconeri are preparing themselves with the idea in mind of always being protagonists without too many proclamations:

"I do not say those sort of things – continued Ferrara -, like I never did when I was a player. We decide about our objectives in the dressing room but certainly our intention is to compete for the top. Nobody asked me to win the scudetto but that was not necessary. Many have won it with words but that won’t get anybody far. The gap between us and Inter? Only the pitch will decide whether it was reduced or overcome".

The most unexpected but most welcome bit of news for the supporters was reserved by Ferrara for the end:

"Yesterday I spoke to Nedved and I told him that I would like to have him as my collaborator. Pavel decided to retire from football and needs a few months to rest but I think that he will finally agree perhaps by the beginning of the championship. If he were to accept I’d be very happy".

Juventus.com

No comments: