Saturday, July 18, 2009

Del Piero: "Happy And Proud"


It is a day of celebrations for th Juventus supporters present at the summer camp in Pinzolo and for those who heard the new on the media. Alessandro Del Piero extended his contract with the club up to 2011. The contract was due to expire in 2010. The negotiations were very short and the signature came during the camp in Pinzolo which saw the arrival of John Elkann and Jean-Claude Blanc in the morning to join Alessio Secco who is following the team closely.

"The negotiations were fast even due to the fact that we all had the same intention. I thank the club for the faith shown in me and John Elkann who I thanked this winter for having given me a historical ball as a sign of esteem and who today I thank again for his presence here".

It was a Del Piero sporting a black-eye (suffered during training) but happy: "I am proud to have been at Juventus for all these years and I still want to write important pages in the history of the bianconeri. As I said two years ago, there exist all the possibilities to play for another two seasons at top level. Until when will I go on playing? Until I can guarantee the qualities which made me who I am in all aspects".

Present in the first row were all his staff, captained by his brother Stefano, as well as many local authorities and the president of Trentino S.p.A and Sport and Agriculture councillor Tiziano Mellarini. It is really a great day. Del Piero celebrated speaking of the new Juventus taking shape and of a group which is living these days with great enthusiasm:

"The enthusiasm captured all. I was told that there has never been such a great attendance by the supporters to watch the team training. When we are enthusiastic and happy: two important ingredients to prepare the foundations for that which can become our home. We are highly motivated and will seek to achieve all our objectives".

Del Piero has no doubts with regards to Juventus’ potential: "Even last year we showed that in a single match we can beat anyone meaning that we have a group of great quality. The next step is winning not only in a single match but also in a competition: championship, Champions League and Coppa Italia".

Juventus mad important investments, strengthening an already competitive team. "I am happy about this because the financial effort by the club, who was on this transfer market only second to Real Madrid (that is beyond the market!), means that all have the same will of the team which is built on a lot of enthusiasm and the will to win".

Now all must get to work "and find the mechanisms with the great players that have been signed". Amongst these is Fabio Cannavaro. "It is up to him to win back the faith of the fans – declared Del Piero – but I don’t think he will have any problems because he is a great champion and because he has all our support".

To conclude a thought dedicated to the national team: "The World Cup is one of my objectives. It would be great to take part as it would also mean that I had a great season".

Juventus.com

No comments: