Friday, June 12, 2009

Diego plans lots of goals



New signing Diego has revealed he will be officially unveiled as a Juventus player in July and intends to score lots of goals next season.

The 24-year-old former Santos youngster left Werder Bremen last month and put pen to paper on five-year deal with the Bianconeri.

“Soon I will speak Italian and I will repay everyone with goals and victories,” Diego explained.

“I did my job at Werder and I will continue to do it at Juventus. I will prepare myself as best as I can to grow from a tactical point of view.

“The objectives are to win and score lots of goals. In this way I can get back into the national team.

“My last game with Brazil was a 0-0 draw against Bolivia on September 10, 2008 at the Maracana. In a recent friendly against Portugal I didn't get on the pitch.”

When asked about his time in Germany, Diego said: “They were three wonderful years. I learned a lot. I put maturity together with titles.

“I received the affection of the Werder fans, whom I showed good football. I left them with the German Cup, a happy moment.”

Diego then went on to describe how Juventus went about trying to buy him.

“It was a long courtship. We made contact on various occasions, so everything was well defined. Things happen at the right moment,” he insisted.

“I am happy and excited. To have said goodbye to Germany with a trophy was positive. Now I am confident I will be able to show my football in a competitive championship like Serie A.

“I know that at the beginning I will have to adapt, but I have also received the support of the club. I will overcome any obstacles and repay Juventus in goals and victories for the trust they have given me.

“I have dual nationality, but I still do not speak Italian. I understand almost everything, but I am still not ready to speak in public. I will learn it soon.

“From Portuguese, Italian is easier to learn with respect to German. The club will officially unveil me at the beginning of July,” he concluded.

Diego is widely regarded as one of the most talented players in Europe. He managed to score 38 goals in 84 appearances for Werder.

channel4.com

No comments: