Thursday, June 11, 2009

D'Ago excited about Juve


Udinese midfielder Gaetano D'Agostino has yet to join Juventus but admits when he does it will be 'the icing on the cake.'

The 27-year-old Italy international is expected to move to Turin later this week but Udinese and Juventus have yet to agree a fee.

Yesterday, Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo said that while the deal had yet to go through, it would happen eventually.

“I await the icing on the cake, but with a lot of serenity and without anxiety,” D'Agostino told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“It does not depend on me, but on the two clubs. Speaking with Pozzo some weeks ago we expressed our thoughts, which, if anything else, were very similar, so I am calm.

“Negotiations take time. In light of this, I would certainly define myself as calm,” D'Agostino added before allowing himself to dream of playing for Juve.

“To think I might be in the Juventus midfield with Diego, Sissoko, Marchisio and Camoranesi. They are all great players.

“You feel calm because, seeing the quality, you are in an iron barrel. They know how to manage the ball and have great experience that can be transferred to me.

“I am not a boy who makes throwaway comments. I only say what I think. For me, Juve would be a great opportunity, something to take pride in because in the last two years I have tried to build a better future for myself.

“To arrive at a great club and make a jump in quality at 27 would make me very happy,” D'Agostino concluded.

channel4.com/football italia

No comments: