Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Amauri will be Italian in September


Juventus striker Amauri will apparently receive an Italian passport in September, making him eligible for a call up to La Nazionale.

The 29-year-old was born in Brazil, but has lived in Italy for nine years and has an Italian wife.

Having never been selected for Brazil he decided to apply for Italian citizenship to increase his chances of international football.

Missing paperwork has considerably delayed the process, which has been ongoing for over 18 months.

“On the first of September I will have an Italian passport and this for me is already and honour, because I have lived here for 10 years and I am happy,” he said.

“Then, as Lippi has said, once I have the citizenship I can be taken into consideration.

“To play for Italy would be a way to pay this country back for all it has given me.”

read more...

No comments: